Global Strike (B-52, B-2, ICBM, or SLBM) Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) must have a rich and deep domain expertise and experience in one or more of Global Strike weapon systems and/or USSTRATCOM assigned Global Strike mission area. The SME must be knowledgeable of and able to speak and write authoritatively on all aspects of their weapon system and the Global Strike mission area including planning, operations, mission systems, advocacy, and processes related to that mission area.
– Familiarity with Joint processes, operations, and commands.
– Familiarity with end-to-end operations and processes from National level through Unit execution.
– Ability to think broadly and strike a balance between traditional and non¬traditional thinking. Sees the interrelationships between domain of expertise and other domains.
– Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument.
– Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Extensive understanding of Global Strike (B-52, B-2, ICBM, or SLBM) operations, procedures and networks.
– Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government clearance